Thursday, May 1, 2008

UB Cheating pt.4

I think the UB scandal is about to erupt. There has been a sticky in the High Stakes NL forum on 2p2 for a while but even though this is a well read forum the masses are not found there. There are still a lot of percentage of players and 2p2ers that do not know about this scandal. 2p2 mods are about to cross post this on NVG forum (News, Views and Gossip) at the request of some members. This will really bring to light how badly UB have handled this situation.

It is proved beyond reasonable doubt that there was suspicious play at UB at the higher stakes resulting in a lot of players being cheated out of a LOT of money. UB had released a statement saying they were looking into this after the poker community put pressure on them. That was 4 months ago.

With this in the NVG soon expect to see a lot of players pull there cash from UB. Expect to see media attention highten to this and expect some large negative publicity at this years WSOP. This will hopefully force UB's hand and have them release a statement about where they are in this.

Unfortunately I cannot link the thread here as I am at work but for those that are unaware, click the 2p2 forum, select high stakes NL on the left and read the sticky post 'ULTIMATE BET Silent About Insider Cheating Allegations; Millions Suspected Stolen'

The next few weeks will be interesting. It leads me to a troublesome thought. If this is the start of the real exodus from UB then I need to remove my bankroll from AP. AP bought UB last year. There is risk that this could put the site out of action. both UB and AP. To be safe I think im going to rmove 2/3 of my bankroll for the time being. Better to be safe than sorry. I would avise anyone on UB/AP with any significant bankroll there to do the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are concerned about the cheating on UB (and you should be), then how can you be on AP? That cheating scandal was much more widely reported and well-documented.

Ryverrat said...

I see it that the fallout at UB may be a lot worse than AP. Im playing at AP after the knowledge becoming public. The affect of this was that AP lost a lot of good players, leaving a lot of floundering fish for me to pick on. My winrate at AP is higher than ive ever achieved at other sites, especially FT.

I wrote a post a while back on the moral issue of playing at a site that lied and harboured cheaters. The unfortunate fact is that there is money laying on the table here and that got in the way of my feelings of doing the right thing. I see it that if i dont take it someone else will. I dont feel that ive been cheated. I dont see any hands that stand out as weird calls etc. There are so many terrible players at AP that if there is cheating it must be at the higher levels.

UB has yet to resolve this issue. At this point the masses do not know about what happened and the effect of this becoming public is unknown. It may go the same way as AP and be brushed under the carpet. To be honest though I think the poker commuity feels a lot stronger about this than AP. There is a feeling of not letting this issue be forgotten. With the publicity coverage of the WSOP soon it will also become a lot more public. This will be on a larger scale than AP so the fallut could be a lot worse.