Friday, February 27, 2009

Squeeze me

I found an interesting spot a few days ago against a couple of regs.

The Button is playing a 26/21/2 style over 500+ hands. He plays very positional poker and from what ive seen a semi decent reg.

The SB is a tightie 12/10/2 style over 130 hands.

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($99.20)
UTG+1 ($40.65)
Hero (CO) ($152.18)
BTN ($107.80)
SB ($223.10)
BB ($341.04)


Pre-flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is CO

2 folds, Hero raises to $3, BTN raises to $9.50, SB calls $9, 1 fold, Hero raises to $34, BTN folds, SB folds

Final Pot: $54

Hero wins $54 ( won +$20 )
BTN lost -$9.50
SB lost -$9.50

Btn's had not been raising me too lightly and i would probably have folded AJ if it wasnt for the SB call. I generally dont want to be playing AJo out of position against a reg.

The SB's call changed the dynamic of this hand in my opinion. SB's range here i put most likely a pocket pair. A 12/10 style doesnt have a big pair here or AK, so should fold to a nice size raise. This also puts the btn in a squeeze position.

I also havent 4 bet this session so I think this is a spot to rep a big hand. The AJ is now irrelevant. I could do this with any two cards that I have raised here. The fact that I am in this position against 2 regs gives me a chance to be squeezy. Lucky for me and this blog it worked.

This month has been a record month as I will post tomorrow and this I feel is due to looking for situations like this. Stepping a little outside the ABC poker looking for opportunities to maximise the winrate.

or maybe ive just been lucky.

No comments: