Monday, February 2, 2009

January Recap











Well that was January. $754 + about $350 in rakeback + $950 odd in bad beat jackpot. Just over $2k and im not happy.

Im still making mistakes at 100nl. A big difference I have found between 50nl and 100nl is the amount of floating that is done. With players being more positionally aware continuation bets are floated a lot more than lower levels. As always cbets are board texture dependant and villain depedant but I am noticing the difference.

So, how to combat that. I think its key to differentiate between the players you believe are floating and the players that are drawing badly. If tagged as a floater its important to know whether they will call a turn bet. I have a stat on Holdem Manager that shows fold to turn cbet which I feel will become useful at this level.

Im also started to get in the mind of playing someone like me which I have found useful in some spots. What things do I hate ? If I spot a decent player I put some moves on them that I know I hate. 3 betting there cutoff 3xbb raises, floating or reraising very dry boards etc.

Lets see if I can have another good month. I got some intersitng hands to talk about in the next post.

Good Luck for Feb.

No comments: