Thursday, January 15, 2009

What is Villains range here.

An interesting hand came up last night. I was 3 buyins down from a mixture of some bad play, wrong seating and a few villain suckouts. I thought I was not on tilt but looking back at this hand I see that I limped J8 on the button. This should have been a fold or a raise pf imo. Not weak limping with offsuit 2 gappers.

Anyway villain is an 18/14/2.4 reg over 550 hands. I have no other reads and have not played any real big pots with him before.

Note we are 160bb deep.


$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($232.10)
UTG+1 ($256.15)
CO ($41.85)
Hero (BTN) ($161.60)
SB ($105.05)
BB ($238.17)


Pre-flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is BTN

UTG calls $1, 1 fold, CO calls $1, Hero calls $1, 1 fold, BB checks

Flop: ($4.50, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $4, BB folds, UTG raises to $17, CO folds, Hero ?

What range are you putting villain on here ? Whats your next move ?

Any readers are welcome to comment apart from dubs who has talked over this hand in detail with me already.

2 comments:

Fuel55 said...

Fade'n'go

DubsPoke said...

did you just ban me from commenting on this hand again?

i can't berate you again for limping J8o!?

congrats on the $5k mark again btw!