Friday, April 24, 2009

Stepping down to 50nl

April so far 100nl
16,000 hands -5bb/100 (-$800)

Thats right my game is screwed at the moment. Ive dropped $1500 from my high in the middle of this month. Im not sure what is wrong. I have reviewed hands and not found anything that stands out to how I normally play. I seem to be losing every coinflip and finding myself completed dominated in other hands. QQ vs KK on a low flop etc. AA/KK vs sets against Laggy players. I could post the hands but I dont feel like it woud do any help.

I will be moving down to 50nl for 10k hands. If my game has changed then I need to move to a safer level to fix the problems.

Poker is such an easy game when you are winning but its f*cking tough when you sit on a landslide. This is my first losing month in a very long while.

Step down, regroup and rebuild.

I would like to know if any readers have experienced such downswings and how they fixed it. Anyone ?

5 comments:

DubsPoke said...

For me, it's really a matter of concentration and focus on making as many notes on my opponents at the table as possible. The more notes I make means the more I am paying attention. The more I'm paying attention the more I realize who my targets are at the table. The more I know who my targets are the less I worry about playing good but still marginal hands against solid players.

I'm also finding myself trying to play more postflop than getting it in preflop with AK, JJ, and QQ. Players are so bad that I don't mind folding good hands. The more I fold the better my results are which is SO SO hard to grasp.

This thought process I believe resulted in some nice tourney results recently as well.

And you are definitely taking the right step by dropping down for a bit. Hopefully I can catch up with you over IM this weekend. We'll chat it out

Unknown said...

Hello Ryver,
i think this normal. The most important is to objectively see if the negativ result comes from mistakes or simply bad luck....
In these downswings I usually play a bit tighter and this helps gaining back the confidence. And use a "stop loss" Anytime you are 2 BI down take a forced break of at least 1 hour. This helps as well.

rakeback said...

i think this downswings is normal.

Amatay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amatay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.