Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Almost my biggest online win and Folding Aces Preflop

Ive been on a nice run the past few days beating both 50nl and 100nl for about 20bb/100 over a smallish sample. I feel like in my head my game is back on track. Ive watched a few CR videos over the weekend and tweaked my game over the past week all showing some good results.

I played a $50 (1rb + 1add) on FT last night. 197 runners. As with any rebuy tourny I bought straight away to make use of any fishy money floating around at the beginning and used to value add on at the break. I played well only flipping once to make the final table.

I get dealt KK utg the gun and get it all in on the flop. Pokerstove shows me an 80/20 favourite here.



Left me short and I bust with a dominated hand a few hands later. 7th place finish.

Im frustrated a little as winning that pot above would have put me in second place. The payouts were...






My biggest online win before I think was $1800 and winning that pot I am confident for finishing in the top 3 here. Oh well, I cant play better than getting it in that far ahead.

Here's a quiz for you. Can anyone work out why I folded AA preflop here ? First hand at the table..

http://weaktight.com/360592

?

3 comments:

Boo said...

Congrats on your 7th finish :)

About the Aces: Miss click? Which i often do, while talking to much in the chat box..grrr

Anonymous said...

You're obviously still a little nervous about your downswing, and only want to play macho hands like 82o to prove yourself and attract the chicks. AA is way too easy, and it gives you bad breath, therefore easy fold.

Congrats on the tourney... getting slaughtered like that at the end really sucks, we've all been there before....

Ryverrat said...

Yeah the AA was a timeout. I was tinkering with Pokertracker, reading an IM and removing a cat from my keyboard and I totally missed the first hand of a new table.

Dammit.