Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dos Games > Work productivity

Remember DOS? For any of you that like me grew up playing games on a C64, ZX81, Amiga, Atari and IBM then this post is for you.

With my boredom at work I once again looked into grabbing a few games to pass the time. This lead me onto installing a DOS Emulator with over 1000 games to choose from, all in a small DOS shell window on my pc.

I have already been playing around with the like of Populous II, Xcom, Laser Squad, The SettlersII and havent even touched the surface.

Its quite amusing how these games still hold well. The graphics, lets be honest, are so bad compared to todays software but the nostalgia and great gameplay make the old games worthy of diving back into.

To do this you need.
Dos Emulator, look for D-Fend Reloaded
for games do a search for Abandonware or start somewhere like here http://games.holyfile.com/ This also has a Dosbox download.

Unzip any game to the D-Fend Reloaded ...../virtual HD/ directory and use the add wizard on the profile menu to search for the *.exe file.

Thats it. It is very straightforward after you have got one right. Hours and hours of play.

If you need any help getting this up and running email me or post a message here and ill be glad to help.


A link sent to me.. Seen this drunk highjumper.... ? hahaha

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/athletics/2712415/Drunk-high-jumper-Ivan-Ukhov-stumbles-into-trouble-at-Lausanne---Athletics.html

No comments: