Sunday, March 2, 2008

Bankroll heating up...

Start date : Jan 14th
Start Bankroll: $500
Current Bankroll: $2494
Number of hands: 12,634

Running well at the moment. Variance is at a norm and the fish are abundant.





10k hands at $0.25/$0.50 at 14.17 bb/100 (note this is not ptbb/100)
21/12.8/2.7 ($vpip/pfr/af) <--- if anyone needs an explanation please ask.

So my first chapter is complete. I have put the hands in at the starting level and have plumped up the bankroll to be comfortable in moving up. $0.50/$1 shouldn't be too tough. I used to play at this level and higher so I feel I am aware of the adjustments I will need to make. I know that this is where you start to see more of the regulars and semi-pros, guys that make a decent ish income from playing online. With that said there are still a large amount of donkeys plodding around the virtual felt. I played the following hand late last night. I think I played this a bit spewy. My notes on this player were that he chases draws to pot sized bets.

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:

Hero ($98.00)
UTG+1 ($149.87)
CO ($34.40)
BTN ($107.70)
SB ($150.60)
BB ($263.81)




Pre-flop: ($1.5, 6 players) Hero is UTG

Hero raises to $4, 3 folds, SB calls $3.5, 1 fold

Flop: ($9, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $6, SB calls $6

Turn: ($21, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $15, SB calls $15

River: ($51, 2 players)
SB bets $15, Hero goes all-in $73, SB folds

Final Pot: $81
Hero shows:

Hero wins $135.5 ( won +$37.5 )
SB lost -$40.00

Now my thoughts on this hand. Villain calls out of position an UTG raiser. I think Medium to low pocket pair or a drawy type broadway hand if hes really bad. The flop comes up dangerous but I can easily rep AK here. With a flush draw on the board I wouldnt give a free card if i held AK. I bet out, maybe a little small. $6 into a $9, I think this should be a $7 bet. SB calls. This should set of warning bells. I would have slowed right down if there were no straight or flush draws but this is in his range. Obv a K or a 9 and im dead in the water. The turn is a harmless 6. I dont think he would have called my flop bet with 66. he checks so I continue my chosen AK rep path. The call did worry me a little. Another non board changing card hits 4c. All draws have missed. He leads out for $15 into a $51......

Now call it poker sense, call it being in the zone, call it spewtard lucky fish ridiculous -EV play but it just seemed weak. It left me with enough stack to have some fold equity which was the only way I was going to win this hand. He could have a K, he could have a 9 he could have missed all his draws. He was out of positiong playing like he was drawing. So I pushed and he folded.

Spewy ?? Comments ?

I am leaving for Tokyo today so will not be able to play on AP. I have set up a new account on FT with some rakeback so will play a little on there. AP bankroll on hold. FT fish get ready to be eaten....

No comments: