Sunday, March 30, 2008

Think before you Cbet OOP

Bankroll $2280


Despite being away for a week in March I managed to get a good amount of hands in. I played 3000 more than expected. With that in mind I am going to increase my monthly hands to try and play an average of 7000 per month.

I've definately highlighted a small problem making its way back into my game and that is cbetting for the sake of cbetting. This can be costly. A cbet is a profitable move unless it is overused.

for example :- you find AhTh in medium position and put in a 4 bb raise. late position calls. He has been playing a 30/12 style so far, no other reads.

You are out of position. Which board would you NOT cbet ?

1) AcKs5d
2) JsQs4c
3) TsKd9d
4) Jc2h6s
5) 8c8h8d
6) 8h9sTc


This hand made me laugh in the chat box and I just had to show him my cards. There was no hand that he could have had that wouldn't atleast split the pot. His outcome should have been -

call = +$2.27 or +$4.55 or $0
fold = 0
what a donkey !
http://weaktight.com/147379

No comments: