Sunday, March 1, 2009

Feb Recap





I enjoyed February. Its easy to enjoy the game when you are winning. February has been a month of precision and manipulating bad players.


With precision I mean making more correct decisions on the flop. Reading the board well with opponents ranges and laying down or check folding when necessary. This has made my redline flat to slighty positive. I havent included it in the graph but you will just have to believe me. The redline is the amount of $ you win/lose without seeing the showdown. Zaitsev at Cardrunners did a 2 part series which explains this and how to improve it.


Manipulating bad players has been playing to isolate correctly and setting them up to hang themselves + a load of value betting. This has all added up to a very successful month.


I looked at the rake paid. The rake above of $1500 is incorrect as shown on my rakeback page. The rake is $965 where I have got rakeback of $289. Rakeback is invaluable and anyone that hasnt got it please use my link to the right and sign up asap. Its free money.


Its now March. My plan is to try to play a very formulated month as a 'pro'. Atleast 2 hours per day minimum to start. This will hopefully be a lot more but with a 3 week old baby and starting up a sideline business Im starting off on a low volume number to manage expectations.


2 x 100nl and 1 x 200nl will be my normal play.


Lets see if we can make some decent money.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ryverrar,
congratulation. This is a great result. Especially the 13bb/100 over 10000 hands is just great. I also had a record month in February. started to take shots at 0,2-0,5 but so far i am not cracking it. I am in -3 BI. I will stay here until the losses further increases. In this case I have to go back to 0,1-0,25 :-(

So far th reason is that i get no proper cards....
my statistics are around: 25/13...So I am not a super tight player but on SH tables this is still ok.
Do not you think that you are too tight??? I usually do not get into hands against guys with statistics like yours.

Ryverrat said...

thanks zoltan.

I dont think you can compare stats between 100nl and 25nl. Im playing a 19/13 style and being VERY positionally aware. The aggression level at 100nl compared to 25nl is a lot different.

for eg I can easily bin AJo and KQo from early position at an aggro table at 100nl but might play that at 25nl as i am less likely to get raised and have to lay it down.

good luck at 50nl. I did write a 'how to beat 50nl' 3 part series last year if it helps.

Let me know if I can help in any way.