Thursday, November 20, 2008

Giving A Free Card

$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Hero $47.00

UTG+1 $97.50

CO $93.19

BTN $50.71

SB $68.65

BB $ 22.95

Big Blind was definately the fish at the table. 50/12/1


Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is UTG

Hero raises to $2, 4 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

( I elect to check. My thoughts... This player has leading when he hits. With 2 Hearts on the table I am sure he bets out here with an Ace so I assign small chance of this. There is a small chance of a flush draw here. I have the Ah so making this a little less likely. If I bet here I fold out all the hands that I want to stay and catch up. His call pre flop says a pocket pair or 2 high cards. I check in the hope he can catch up. My plan is if a Heart hits then I expect a bet I will reraise then not put a penny more in the pot if I face a reraise or a call. With around a 1 in 6 chance of a Heart, I check.)

Turn: ($4.25, 2 players)
BB bets $2, Hero raises to $5, BB raises to $10, Hero raises to $34.25, BB goes all-in $10.95

(A possible perfect card. He leads confirming my 2 high card thought. I beat KJ,QJ,JT,J9 and am beat by JJ. I cant see any other hand here that he has. All other hands would prob lead the flop with the type of player he is. The min reraise made me stop and think, if we were deep I may have slowed down for a bit of pot control but he was relatively short so pushed him in.)

River: ($59.45, 2 players)

Final Pot: $59.45
BB shows:
Hero shows:

Hero wins $56.65 ( won +$20.40 )
BB lost -$22.95





This is a new line to me. I never give free cards but I think if the situation was right for this. I am in position against a player that leads with good hands. I am confident he has no Ace and a bet from me will fold him. As long I stick to a plan of folding to aggression from a turned or rivered Heart then letting the fishy player catch up should make a decent profit.

No comments: