Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My biggest hand online.

First of all I am a full believer in good bankroll management. You WILL go busto if you dont adhere to good rules when it comes to moving up and down.

Now I have an old account which I play now and then on FullTilt. I have no rakeback and only use this for small tournaments which I sometimes run alongside my bankroll building at AP. This is play money to me and has no inclusion in my profit numbers.

I had no access to my pc so I fired Mrs Ryverrat's laptop for a little cash play and being only a 15" screen didnt want to play more than 2 tables. Full Tilt was already installed from years back so I opened up the lobby and thought to myself, if I am only playing 1 table I can concentrate a lot more on reads and specific players tendancies. Lets try higher....

I opened up a $1/$2 table and bought in for 100bb. I noticed a lot of cash on the table and after a few rounds saw that I had joined a $1/$2 (deep) table. The guy to my right was heavy stacked so I upped mine to 200bb just in case.

The very next hand....
http://weaktight.com/510617

$1/$2 No Limit Holdem
FullTiltPoker
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($358.55)
UTG+1 ($400.00)
CO ($584.50)
BTN ($876.95)
Hero ($390.05)
BB ($225.00)


Pre-flop: ($3, 6 players) Hero is SB

1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $7, 2 folds, Hero raises to $23, 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $59, Hero calls $36

Flop: ($120, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $55, Hero raises to $110, UTG+1 calls $55

Turn: ($340, 2 players)
Hero goes all-in $221.05, UTG+1 calls $221.05

River: ($782.10, 2 players)

Final Pot: $782.10
Hero shows:
UTG+1 shows:

Hero wins $779.10 ( won +$389.05 )
UTG+1 lost -$390.05


Not knowing the players at this level I want to analyse this a little better. I can be looked at KK vs AA, boring shut up and move on. But we are 200bb deep. I dont normally play deepstack poker.

Preflop UTG+1 bets, I 3 bet, and he 4 bets. Surely AA,KK ? being this deep does anyone do this with AKs or QQ ? If I 5 bet surely I am saying I have AA and there is a chance he will fold here right ? 5 betting = AA 90% of the time against an unknown ? I elected to call.

I think his half pot bet standard here, if I check raise pot size am i screaming QQ, AQ, KQs ? I felt a min raise will look a little fishy here and also set up a nice river bet that not out of proportion to the pot. Was the min raise right?

I was always betting the river here and if he has any Q then so be it as I wouldnt be folding if i let him bet first.

This hand may have been a straightforward play but I am at a higher level than I normally play $50NL or $100nl and im 200bb deep. For anyone that plays these games please comment as I felt a little out of my depth here from what im used to.

Please comment.



funny link of the day

The skydiving mouse
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/1058579/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your post and I added it (check here )to my social network, which is entirely about poker. This will give you another friendly link and an additional targeted traffic – it is not that powerful now, but I believe that this is going to change soon. If you would like to continue our collaboration – to help each other – you can add your coming posts by yourself in the future. I would like to hear your opinion. Best of luck,
Stanimir

Ryverrat said...

Hi Stanimir, will take a look at your site soon. Thanks for posting a comment.