Monday, July 14, 2008

Be Nice to Fish

I managed to squeeze in a thousand hands this weekend ending up around $400 profit. The bad beat jackpot got hit on a $1/$2 table while I was playing. Take a look at this beauty of a payout.





Yep $200,000 for the loser and $100,000 for the winner. And as expected there was a barrage of beggers knocking on the door in the chat asking for a mere $50. Lowlife scum.

I played one hand which I think worthy of noting. The pot was small but its the chat that registered with me.

Stage #xxxxxxxx: Holdem No Limit $0.50 (ET)
Table: B Seat #3 is the dealer
Seat 3 - RYVERRAT ($118.20 in chips)
Seat 4 - I ($21.36 in chips)
Seat 5 - D ($52.35 in chips)
Seat 6 - X ($11.95 in chips)
Seat 1 - P ($105.19 in chips)
Seat 2 - W ($32.32 in chips)
I - Posts small blind $0.25
D- Posts big blind $0.50
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to RYVERRAT [Qd Js]
X - Calls $0.50
P - Folds
W - Calls $0.50
RYVERRAT - Calls $0.50
I - Folds
D - Checks
*** FLOP *** [Jc Jd 10h]
D - Checks
X- Checks
W - Checks
RYVERRAT - Checks
*** TURN *** [Jc Jd 10h] [7c]
D - Bets $1.75
X - Folds
W - Calls $1.75
RYVERRAT - Raises $6 to $6
D - Folds
W - Folds
RYVERRAT - returned ($4.25) : not called
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RYVERRAT - Does not show
RYVERRAT Collects $7.15 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($7.50) Rake ($0.35)
Board [Jc Jd 10h 7c]
Seat 1: P Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 2: W Folded on the TURN
Seat 3: RYVERRAT (dealer) collected Total ($7.15) HI:($7.15) [Does not show]
Seat 4: I (small blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 5: D (big blind) Folded on the TURN
Seat 6: X Folded on the TURN

D: 89 is good
RYVERRAT: hey can you see my cards ?
<<>>
X wins ($1.70 chips).
D: calculated guess
D: folded my trips jack
RYVERRAT: vnf
D: ty
RYVERRAT: most players couldnt fold that wp
<<>>
P: wins ($7.15) with (Two Pair, queens and jacks).
D: i know, ty

Player was playing a 16/10 and this highlighted the fact to me that I could push him off hands. He may have been lying about his trip Jacks but his stats reinforced his comments. I then spent the next hour or so pushing him around and making him fold most hands. Information like this is key. We are all playing a game of untruths and guesswork. There is no reason to let your competition know that you can lay down a big hand. Fold the hand and dont say a word.

I could have also berated the guy saying he was weak for folding a Jack. I could have called him all sorts of names for getting my hand wrong but I find its easier to take money off of people when you are nice to them. It keeps the game respectful and they will reload as they are enjoying the game more.

2 comments:

Gnome said...

You can't possibly believe it's safe to have your money at Absolute, can you? Are you keeping up with the UB/AP cheating scandal?

Ryverrat said...

Hey gnome. You are right. That is my next post. Now im back in the UK I will be taking my money off the site. Too risky at the moment I agree.