Thursday, July 24, 2008

Blue Square (iPoker) Software

This blog is about being honest with myself and last night I played like a fish. I luckily only dropped 2 buyins at $100nl but I did manage to get $10 of bonus cleared. Nice return on my money!


BlueSquares' (iPoker) software gives me the shits. Its average to say the least and I cant get comfortable using it. I think software usability goes a long way with the end user. I say now that I could honestly design a better user interface than a lot of sites out there. Its almost as though the GUI designers have never played online poker themselves.


The time bank at BlueSquare (BS) is quick and the buttons/input boxes fiddly. I have made more misclicks and betting errors in the 1000 hands at BS than I have had in the 33k hands at AP.


The main lobby has lag. the games that say 5/6 players are full when you open them. the $vpip of some 6max games show 5%. The overall feeling is shoddy.


On the flip side. I am very impressed with Pokertracker3. It is bad that they released a product that wasnt completely finished but, from what I see at the sites it works at, I am impressed. The HUD is good and easily configured. The auto hand import is great and the numbers update after every hand is recorded. There is a wealth of information in PT3 and if you are not using it you are at a severe disadvantage to most online cash players. The downside of this though is it again increases the level of skill of the general poker playing public. Before, pt was harder to configure, pahud was tricky to set up and you needed pokergrapher to show your graphs. Now its all in one tidy package and it is very well presented.


Im hoping to get back into the swing of things again soon and start some good sessions online again. I am expecting to see my cashout from AP very soon after finally clearing their security dept.


Until then I leave you with some pictures of my new car to drool over. Have a look at this 400bhp beast. For all the US readers that have never seen one of these it is a UK made TVR Sagaris. Only 152 approx of these ever made before TVR closed their factory.



1 comment:

Boo said...

wow...
Nicce car M8....


Woof..