Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Stacking AA

I need to get back to working on my goals. Its been a little hard to concentrate on online poker recently with moving my house half way across the world. As mentioned in my previous post I have requested a cashout from AP. I cant really call it profit yet as I havent received it. As this is my first cash out AP are being over cautious and have asked for verification of address, proof of id and a copy of my bank card. With fraudalant activity in todays banking I can understand a need for increased security but I think AP are doing this to stall things. The reason I say this is that I am requesting my cash back on the same VISA that I deposited with. The money cannot be fraudalant as it is already in the banking system. I faxed details over yesterday but my card came out to dark. Maybe I am being paranoid but can you blame me with AP at the moment ? I guess this was always my risk at playing somewhere like AP.


I have managed to play just over 700 hands at $0.25/$0.50 and $.50/$1 on iPoker for a total profit of around $70. As you can see from the graph below its not been easy going.





It felt like it took me a whlie to get used to the software and players there. The graph shows a downtrend albeit only over a short amount of hands but hopefully this is not going to continue. I dont see the players at this site and level to be any difficult than other sites. Im still seeing the loose tight players, im still seeing the weak limpers and still seeing the outrageous bluffs and the players who dont know how to fold overpairs.

So with that I have a hand for discussion from my small sample.

There are different levels of players in poker.
Level1 - What cards you have
Level2 - What cards you think villain has
Level3 - What cards you think villain thinks you have
Level4 - What cards you think villain thinks you think he has.

Ive yet to reach level 4. Here is a beautiful example of Level3

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
iPoker
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($98.85)
UTG+1 ($158.76)
Hero ($116.70)
BTN ($140.10)
SB ($113.15)
BB ($95.60)


Pre-flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is CO

1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $4, Hero calls $4, 3 folds
(A speculative call. Im looking for straight draws, flush draws or 2 pairs. villain is playing reasonably TAG so his range is quiet small here. I dont want to reraise here as I cannot call a 4bet/shove)

Flop: ($9.50, 2 players)
UTG+1 bets $7, Hero calls $7
(Villain bets out. This could have hit a lot of his range. AK, KK, TT, KQs. AA will still be here. All these hands will bet out to protect against a flush draw. I cant see him having a flush draw himself apart from AQs but small part of his range here. Now his bet and my call. What does he put me on here ? He has to put me on a flushdraw here right ? or a very weak straight draw like JQ. Any other hand like a set or AK,KT,KQ wold reraise him here due to the flush draw. Now i know the odds of the next card being a spade are roughly 1 in 5. I take this chance to let him think i am flushing in hope the next card is not a spade and I can extract the most money from him.)

Turn: ($23.50, 2 players)
UTG+1 bets $20, Hero raises to $63, UTG+1 raises to $126, Hero goes all-in $42.70
(This card is a perfect card for me. In villains eyes this doesnt improve my hand at all. To him I am chasing a weak straight or a spade f/d. To me it gives me a diamond f/d. His bet shows he likes his hand still as nothing has changed. My reraise to $63 here gives him a call of $43 into a pot of $106.50. His call would mean he would be committed if i bet my last $42.70 so he reraises for the small bit of fold equity if any.)

River: ($255.20, 2 players)

Final Pot: $232.20
UTG+1 shows:
Hero shows:

UTG+1 wins $0.30 ( lost -$136.70 )
Hero wins $231.90 ( won +$115.20 )

The added part to this hand is if the spade did come on the turn then I could have played it like my flush hit and maybe made him lay down his AA.

Anyone disagree with the above hand ?

I have a few others to talk about but ill save those for the next post.

No comments: