Tuesday, July 15, 2008

UB Scandal is too much - Im out of AP

I wrote a post last week about morals in poker. My current issue is whether or not to play on Absolute Poker in the face of the UB scandal. I have been aware of the problems up until the beginning of June and posted before that I wanted to take my cash out from the site. In the month that I had travelling and resetting up home the scandal at UB has got worse.

Thankyou to gnome for the comment in my previous post. He has posted before about the dangers and concerns felt by the poker community regarding the blatant cheating at UB.

I cannot comment with any real depth about the cheating as I havent had time to really study the recent developments. All I can tell you is that its fucked up!
So, with that little nudge I removed all my $ from AP last night. I have 'supposedly' 5 days delay until it hits my account via VISA. fingers crossed this money comes back. I deposited $500 in Feb and requested $5500 cashout.
Here are my final AP Graphs and PT Stats.





Homeless in the poker world i'm searching out a new home. I need somewhere that I can use Pokertracker3 - HUD setup, somewhere with rakeback and where the competition is not too tough i.e. Full Tilt. While Pokertracker3 gets itself aligned with some more sites I am limited. So until then I have signed up with BlueSq, an iPoker skin. This is a UK site with links to the Grosvenor Tour in London and other UK live tournaments. As far as I can see there are no rakeback offers for iPoker skins anymore so I will clear the $500 bonus and reevaluate from there. Rakeback is so important to long term income when playing cash games.

So BlueSq loaded up, I decided to play the $0.25/$0.50 to get used to the software. I set up Pokertracker3 to auto import and adjusted the HUD to show my usual numbers. Played around 150 and run into this beauty. Mr McShove has no reason to feel he is beat here.




Nice Start.

No comments: