Thursday, February 28, 2008

A little shorthanded pressure.

Bankroll $2098
I am now rolled for $0.50/$1

Shorthanded LAG
I have not posted much content over the past few days as work has kept me busy and away from the virtual tables. I played a few hundred hands last night when one of the tables broke down to just 3 players. I had been relatively tight at this table so I decided to switch to a more loose aggro style (LAG). I had a friend watching me so I really turned up the aggro level for fun. Most players dont adjust when the table gets shorthanded they still play their same game.

I started to raise every button, reraise in position and push players off with garbage hands on the flop. It was fun. I backed down when I hit aggression and put pressure on my opponents at every chance. One of the monkeys was getting really pissed. My PT had him at 73/5/1. He was the perfect target shorthanded. He would call the raise and fold to almost all cbets. At last I broke his game and made him do this.....

$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
3 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:

BTN ($7.75)
SB ($35.04)
Hero ($126.11)



Pre-flop: ($0.75, 3 players) Hero is BB

BTN calls $0.5, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $2.5, BTN raises to $5, SB folds, Hero raises to $23.5, BTN goes all-in $2.75

Flop: ($31.75, 2 players)

Turn: ($31.75, 2 players)

River: ($31.75, 2 players)

Final Pot: $16
BTN shows:
Hero shows:

BTN wins $15.2 ( won +$7.45 )
Hero wins $15.75 ( lost -$7.75 )
SB lost -$0.50


AT all in vs a shortstack may seem a little loose but he was getting so frustrated with me that I felt his tilt had widened his range and ATo was not a bad hand to have a go with. I was a 3:2 favourite and he hit his 4.

I continued to play the LAG style and a few more players had just joined the table. A few hands later I found AA.

$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($99.75)
UTG+1 ($30.19)
Hero ($127.03)
BTN ($44.35)
SB ($14.78)
BB ($18.50)


Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is CO

1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $1, Hero raises to $4, 1 fold, SB calls $3.75, BB calls $3.5, UTG+1 calls $3

Flop: ($16, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets $1, Hero raises to $12, SB goes all-in $10.78, BB folds, UTG+1 folds
(I bet out here. This is to protect against a flush draw and also to conceal the strength of my hand.)

Turn: ($39.78, 2 players)

River: ($39.78, 2 players)

Final Pot: $38.56
SB shows:
Hero shows:

Hero wins $37.88 ( won +$21.88 )
SB lost -$14.78
BB lost -$4.00
UTG+1 lost -$5.00

My bet on the flop won me the hand. By keeping the same aggression as I had with my bluffs he was never going to put me on an A. I cant really explain without showing all the hands to the build up to this pot but the pressure before had really put him on tilt.


Real world news - It's looking likely that I will have to go to Tokyo after this weekend for the next two weeks so my poker blog may turn into 'Ryverrat's Japanese Adventures' blog for a short time. Im sure I will find access to play on the laptop but with such an amazing city to explore I just might not want to.

1 comment:

SubZero said...

Good work RR. Adjusting to each game is crucial for success, especially if the game turns shorthanded.
Hope 0.50/1 treats you well....