Friday, August 1, 2008

Fall in, Climb out..

We had a great game last night. 7 players started a £200 buy in nl game. These were all guys I have played with before so I have an idea how to play against each one.

I documented a few hands that came up through the night. The first after just 5 hands.

Hand1
stack sizes all around £200 (100bb)
dealt to me (67o) on the Button
everyone calls the blind
i call
SB bets 7 total
4 folds
late position and I call
FLOP: 7s Js 7c (pot £29)
sb checks
lp checks
i bet £20 - to protect against flush draw and build a pot.
SB reraises to £60
lp folds
i push
sb calls
sb turns over Ad Jd for 2pair with an Ace.

TURN: Qs
RIVER: Jh (Nice 2 outer)

me -£200

Hand2
stacksize £213
Dealt to me in sb (Kc Kd)
folded to btn who calls
i raise to 7
BB calls
Btn folds
FLOP: Tc 4c 7c
I lead out for £20
BB reraises £60
I push for £213
BB calls and shows (Ac Td) Top pair Top kicker with nut flush draw. (11 outs)
TURN: 7d
RIVER: Ad

That hand wasnt a beat. Im happy with the way it played. But losing this coin flip just a few hands after the bad beat to the same guy was a little bit tough. Luckily I pride myself on being able to control tilt and have the view that this is a long term game.

I hit Quad 7's against a tight player but couldnt extract much value.

I switch seats when i hear there will be a loose player coming in. This puts me 2 spots to his left when he arrives.

Hand3
Another family pot. Everyone but 1 player limps to me on the Btn
Im dealt (78o)
FLOP: 887 rainbow pot £10
UTG bets £9
I call
TURN: 8 pot £28 (Quads again!!)
I lead out £20 hoping for a pocket pair or a 7 in his hand.
He reraises me £75 ithink
I push
He calls and shows (97o) for a Full house.

Total pot around £400

I had AA vs JJ on a KQxxx board which i won quite passively for £100 profit.

Apart from those all other hands were positionally played. I used scare cards to force some folds. I floated and raised some turns and clawed my way back up to just a 50bb loss (£100). My low was down 225bb (£450).

I will be running a live game every Wednesday at this place. £100 buy in £1/£1 blinds and will post any interesting hands here. I will keep my UK live poker balance updated to the upper right of this blog.


Why the hell has Tiffany Michelle signed herself with UB in the face of all this scandal ???


Fridays game link. fantastic contraption. Get read to lose a few hours of your life. Hint - use conveyor belts, see saw and pyramid designs.

No comments: