Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Solid Ground

I think Ive turned a corner. My recent downswing has stopped and i am slowly climbing back up. I will post graphs and stats up here soon. I took a step back and looked at my game. I was 4-5 tabling which is usual but it was allowing leaks to come in and I wasnt noticing them.

Things I have changed.

Tighten up a lot more UTG. I was raising most suited connectors and A9+. With a laggy image this would get me in trouble. My early raises would not have a lot of respect so I would be often called. Unless I hit the flop hard this would be difficult to play. Im out of position with a marginal hand and most of the time missed the flop. This would lead to my second problem.

Cbetting out of position on drawy boards. Chasing losses would have me cbetting a lot more. I had a look at some of the boards I was cbetting and they were full of danger for my hand. Now I am only cbetting dry flops, villain dependant and where I can improve my hand. Otherwise, check fold the hand. After tightening up in early position I am finding less of these situations.

Dropping 22-33 completely from early and mid position. I need to look at this one. I dont think I can lay down sets for 100bb at 6max and there were a few times I was caught set over set with these hands. I will take a look back at all my hands from Feb until now and see if these have been profitable for me before my downswing.

Graphs and stats coming soon.

Anyone see the new move used by the Olympic female wrestlers ?? The Power Finger

No comments: