Monday, August 11, 2008

Downswing.........




Just under 7500 hands and im down $561 (-2.97 bb/100)

It would be easy to use the excuse that its a small sample and its just down to variance but to be honest im not sure. I should be winning. I took a very short lasting shot at $1/$2 and dropped $308 in just 51 hands. I retreated pretty quickly back to my comfort zone of $0.50/$1. Taking the $308 out of the $561 = $253 loss, only 2.5 buyins. But the fact that this is over 7.5k hands makes me wonder if I have some serious leaks in my game.

Absolute Poker seemed so much softer. I am tempted to deposit some cash back there and continue the run. There were usually 2-3 players at a table with $vpip 40+, on the iPoker network I struggle to find more than 1. I cant see a lot of profit being made when everyone is playing a 22/16 strategy. Top it off with actually finding an 88/18 fish last night and not being able to beat him has dented my confidence a little. This guy would call my pf raises with any two cards and constantly hit 2 pairs on boards like A26. Me AK, him 2 6. I made $300 from him but paid him $280 for a $20 profit. I should have made more from this guy.

I notice a LOT of shortstackers at iPoker. I need to make sure i am playing optimally against these guys. Shortstacking is a very hard strategy to exploit but I have noticed that there are some bad shortstackers here aswell so there may be room for some profit.

I will take the $0.50/$1 to 10k hands and then review. I am playing a 22/15/3 style and dont see too much wrong. I have made 2 obvious mistakes for 100bb stacks that I hopefully wont make again. I also feel that im playing from the blinds a little too much.
Fold BB to steal 77%
Fold SB to steal 85%
I may look to tighten up there.

My AP stats at this level were
19/13/3.4
Fold BB to steal 87%
Fold SB to steal 89%

Most other stats W$WSF, WTSD, W$SD are mostly the same.

I am quietly confident about my game but it doesnt hurt to keep an eye out for any leaks and tweak your game here and there.


Heres a little overbetting for value hand. Villain was a bad player and he never bluffed but couldn't lay down a hand.
http://weaktight.com/304823

No comments: