Sunday, April 6, 2008

20k hands

Start BR $500
Current BR $2420
Hands 20k






After writing the post on Cbetting OOP I feel I have got my game back on track. Even though I am 3-4 tabling I am a lot more aware of when not to cbet. I knew this before but sometimes, as you play, some of the rules you must stick to are lost or go a little slack.


Im almost back to the $2500 mark where I can take another stab at $0.50/$1. I know I can play at that level. I used to play at that level and higher but in the rules or Bank Roll Management that I set and the fact that this is a $500 challenge I have to play it safe.

I have played 16.5K hands at NL($0.50) and my numbers are 20.7/12.7/3 As I progress through the levels these numbers need to become closer. I think i will aim to play a 18/15 style at the next level. The 20/12 style at NL($0.50) seems to be working as there is so much implied odds if you hit anything decent. There is a LOT of limping at this level and not enough folding to raises so I find sometimes its best to call and not be raising here. I do love to punish limpers with raises and this happens often but I'm also finding value in calling on occasions.

For some good advice on how to play well take a look at Sub-Zeros recent post. I was going to write a similar one but this has saved me the effort. I agree on everything he has written especially position.


I will write up a little addition to this regarding applying pressure in a post soon.

No comments: