Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My New Home $0.50/$1

Bankroll now $2640, just short of its all time high

I am now comfortably rolled for the $0.50/$1 tables and will be for the next 10k hands unless my bankroll falls to $2000. I played two tables last night and the PT numbers were showing some very loose players. One table had every player on a $vpip between 40 - 70. Ill be having me some of that. I only played for 20 mins but made $120 profit with the help from this hand. Pretty standard.

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG ($44.85)
Hero ($149.30)
CO ($138.51)
BTN ($65.10)
SB ($183.20)
BB ($79.00)


Pre-flop: ($1.5, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1

1 fold, Hero raises to $4, CO calls $4, BTN calls $4, 1 fold, BB calls $3
(Standard x4 BB bet. BTN is a really bad player he could have any two cards. BB is an all in monkey. He has been pushing on flop and taking them down)

Flop: ($16.5, 4 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $12, 1 fold, BTN calls $12, BB goes all-in $75, Hero goes all-in $145.3, BTN folds
(BB's all in means the pot is $115 and I have to call $63 so almost 2:1 with top pair 2nd kicker. I felt if he had AK he would have played this slower or bet pf. I was happy to go up against him as ive seen him push a lot on flops recently, if he has hit a 2 pair hand so be it. Im not sure whether I should have just called and given BTN a chance to join the party but I elected to push and get this heads up against Fishy McDonk.)

Turn: ($260.8, 2 players)

River: ($260.8, 2 players)

Final Pot: $178.50
BB shows: ???????????????
Hero shows:

Hero wins $245.3 ( won +$84 )
BTN lost -$16.00
BB lost -$79.00
CO lost -$4.00

I dont like BB's play. He needed to be deeper to do this. I was getting 2:1 here and he didnt have too much fold equity. I had been playing tight and was repping a decent hand. If there was another Heart on the board then maybe but this play was just bad.

Hopefully I can find a lot more of players like this over the next few months. I really like them..

**looking back at that hand BTN's call on the flop would normally scream a strong hand. A decent player would only call here with 44 or 66 for a set on a non drawy board and he had a stack as big as mine. If it was a decent player I would have not pushed but I had notes on him that he was so bad so his range was a lot bigger than this and could easily be doing this with a connector type hand like 67s/45s etc or another middling pocket pair**

No comments: