Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Friday Prank

No poker update today. I will be catching up on some hands over the weekend. On a side note I have been having so much fun with a little April fools prank. For any of you that have a HP printer at work within view this is gold. The weblink below is a small exe file which allows you to change the 'READY' message on the printer to whatever you want.

I already have a girl at work freaking out that she honestly saw 'INSERT BACON' on the printer. By the time anyone else looked it said 'READY'.

Some I have used so far
IM READY
INTERNAL FIRE
HELP ME IM STUCK
TONER HIGH

With a bit of creativity you can have a good laugh at people from your desk. Haha how childish of me.

When you run the .exe file enter the IP address of the printer then click the connect icon. once the icon changes to connected click the printer icon on the bottom right and enter the message. If anything goes wrong just turn the printer off and on again.

http://www.phenoelit-us.org/hp/download.html

** NOTE **
I cannot vouch for the website or how secure the .EXE file is It has worked for me with no problems. Use this at your own risk and make sure your IT dept has a sense of humour.

1 comment:

SubZero said...

Love it, if I was still in the office I'd be all over this....