Sunday, May 11, 2008

Back on Track

I played a few thousand hands this weekend. If you remember I have a challenge set by poker girlfriend to hit $5k by June 13th. Friday saw a few beats and then a few bad plays denting the recent bankroll climb, then a great day yesterday saw a turnaround to new highs.


May Graph



So the bankroll is now $3610. If I can get the hands in then its possible to hit the $5k mark by the deadline. The thing that is holding me back is beer! Seriously I could play so many hands if I didn't go out drinking. The reason the deadline is the 13th June is that we are leaving Australia after being here for 18 months. That means a lot of people wanting to go out for beers and a lot less hands played. Dammit.

So 32 days to go $1400 to make. $43 per day.
Im running about 14bb/100 (7ptbb/100) at $0.50/$1
I need to make 1400 BB

So thats 10,000 hands ?

hmmmm

No real great hands to show from the weekend. I got a few low pocket pairs cracking Aces and also hit a few gutshot draws when I thought I could stack villain.

http://weaktight.com/193900
Hand History not showing their holdings.
SB had 9sAc
UTG had AdAs

Worst Hand
http://weaktight.com/193898
blind vs blind set over set 150bb I couldnt fold bottom set. Looking back this was bad play by me. Villain had been very aggressive but he could have easily had 46 or 69 for the straight and also 55/77/88. His re re reraise all in should have told me I was beat. Note to self Bottom Set Is Sometimes Beaten. mistakes like this add up.

I have been working on trying to get my vpip and pfr as close as possible. Ive been playing games like 30/25 20/15 13/13 etc. It tends to make decisions a lot easier.

**edit**
This is what I mean. I was looking to play a lot of hands tonight when 5 minutes ago the missus called me with 2 front row tickets and backstage passes to an Elton John concert tonight. Im not a huge fan of EJ but any backstage pass will be fun to go.

32 days
drinking and entertainment 1
poker 0

No comments: