Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fish Escaped



See picture. That's me. I played the following hand last night and I suck! I won the hand but results are irrelevant

Player is 23/6/2, no other reads and hasnt got out of line. Im playing 19/15 ish

$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
AbsolutePoker
5 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:

UTG ($50.90)
Hero ($115.50)
BTN ($98.00)
SB ($19.00)
BB ($23.25)



Pre-flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is CO

1 fold, Hero raises to $2, BTN calls $2, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.75, 2 players)
Hero bets $3, BTN raises to $9, Hero calls $6
(Fold here. There are so many hand I am behind)

Turn: ($22.75, 2 players)
Hero bets $15, BTN calls $15
(My second stab. The call says im behind right?)

River: ($52.75, 2 players)
Hero bets $31, BTN goes all-in $72, Hero calls $41
(So now i hit two pair. I ignore all reasoning and stab again just over half the pot with the thought of folding to a reraise. Well he reraised.... and said the words "Think about it")

Final Pot: $196.75
BTN shows:
Hero shows:

Hero wins $193.25 ( won +$95.25 )
BTN lost -$98.00

Now I posted this up at 2p2 in the Micro NL forum. The overwhelming reply was that firstly I played the hand bad. I so agree.

1) Im out of position against a relatively tight decent player.
2) I have shown strength and he is showing more strength
3) I have top pair ok kicker on a 3 flush board.
4) we are 200bb deep

The call on the river was the only thing I think I did correctly in this hand. It was a call of $41 to win $155. almost 4-1 odds It was also the chat that got me. maybe I read this wrong. "Think about it"

I hovered over the fold button and thought about it. The words said to me he wants me to work out that he is repping a flush, he has shown strength and I am way behind. Why would you say if you actually had a hand and wanted the other persons stack. Only Jamie Gold does this. I felt that those words alone didnt want a call, so i put the flush out of the picture. Now Im losing to a set and beating any other Ax and 2pair. Im also beating a missed flush draw. With that and the 4-1 odds I had to call.

The fact still remains though I GOT LUCKY !

Bankroll 3987

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah you got lucky but if you were a high stakes guy they'd have praised you for some meta-game thinking mate.

Sometimes we're due to get lucky and this was one of those times.IMO, villain didn't exactly play this great either.

Ryverrat said...

Haha yeah. Villain played AK poorly and was suprised by my river call.

I like your blog. Will link it here if it helps.